Events and marketing co-ordinator
Purpose of role
Oversee all aspects of event planning and management of internal and external events including weddings, conferences and meetings. To promote the facility and explore new revenue streams.
Internal – General Manager, Treasurer, Chairman, Committee, Bar Staff, Catering Team.
External – Customers, suppliers, members and facility users.
• To conduct show rounds and meetings with customers to discuss their event requirements.
• Setting up of the venue for events including ensuring the rooms are decorated as required.
• To ensure the smooth running of events including liaising with the bar and catering teams.
• Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
• Liaising with event suppliers such as florists, DJ’s and photographers.
• Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating events
• To use social media and other marketing tools to promote the business.
• Involvement in crafting marketing materials such as print and internet advertisements for individual events
• Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
• Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
• Planning multiple events at once
We are looking for someone who has experience in the events and hospitality industry who is a friendly and enthusiastic individual who must be able to work flexibly around the needs of the business. You must have great listening and communication skills and be proficient with the use of social media.
40 hours per week including regular weekend work
£18,720 per annum
28 days holiday per year
Please send your CV to email@example.com