Job Title: Chair – Age Grade Sub-Committee
Nature and Scope:
The Chair of the Age Grade Sub-Committee is a volunteer role.
The Chair will report to the Rugby Development Chair and will be a member of the YRFU Rugby Development Standing Sub-Committee. The Chair will be responsible for the effective administration of all male and female Age Grade across the County.
1. Plan and agree with the Chair of Rugby Development Standing Sub-Committee objectives for your Sub-Committee.
2. Support recruitment of team members/vice chairs to fulfil any area of responsibility in your Sub-Committee.
3. Ensure there is clear and effective communication throughout your Sub-Committee and all areas of Age Grade via District Age Grade Reps.
4. Support an encourage and stimulate growth of Age Grade rugby in the Community game
5. Liaise with and receive reports from the Schools & Youth Discipline Secretary with regard to disciplinary issues up to and including the players of U18 of age within Club’s Age Grade sections
6. Promote Age Grade development and participation at all levels including competitions in conjunction with Competitions committee
7. Provide advice on player safety where appropriate.
8. Liaise with and receive reports from County Safe Guarding Manager in respect of all Safeguarding issues affecting players up the age of 18.
9. Ensure that all Clubs adhere to all RFU Regulations applying to Age Grade players and to Clubs with Age Grade sections. In particular Regulation 15 and the guidelines issued with it.
10. Advise and assist clubs to put in place and adhere to CB protocols where appropriate.
11. Liaise with other Sub-Committees in Rugby Development as appropriate.
12. Carry out your responsibilities within budgets set.
13. Prepare, collate and submit reports, in the YRFU format, to the Chair of Rugby Development Standing Sub-Committee in respect of meeting minutes, issues, and any other decisions that need to be discussed and documented.
14. Submit detailed written reports of the meetings of the Sub-Committee within 10 working days of any meetings being held.
As the Chair of Player Development Sub-Committee you may only act on matters delegated to you by the Committee or pursuant to the Terms of Reference of your specific Standing Sub-Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in planning and recording of meetings.
• Ability to foster a corporate culture that covers male and female Age Grade at Club level.
• Knowledge of the modern game.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Passion for the game of rugby and grass roots sports development so to motivate, enthuse and inspire players.
• Demonstration of the values of the YRFU.
• Integrity, good judgment and independence of mind.
• Fairness and even-handedness in dealing with individuals.
• Computer literate.
• Strong team player who is able to effectively communicate and engage with widely differing individuals.
• Absence of potential conflicts of interest.
• Willingness to commit the time to be an effective Chair.
• All successful applicants will be required to provide two referees (no relatives) and permission for a DBS check.
• Time Commitment: attendance and preparation for Committee meetings, Standing Sub-Committee meetings and sub-group meetings and other meetings across the districts.
YRFU strive to operate a policy of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, religion, age, sex, nationality or disability with respect to employment, promotion or training.
For further information about this Chair role please contact Dawn Rathmell on 07831 292602
Closing date for applications for this role is 24 July 2018
Interviews will be scheduled between 16 August & 30 August and will be held at YRFU County Office, Morley.
Should you be interested in applying for this role then please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
• The role you are applying for.
• Your name and contact details.
• Your CV.
Please note that only the above information will be used to assess your suitability to be interviewed for the role.