In this period of uncertainty and “Lockdown”, I thought I would keep you up to date with how things are going with our Club:
• We have secured a £10,000 interest free loan for the RFU repayable over 3 years.
• We have received a £2,500 grant from the YRFU to upgrade our showers.
• We have submitted our applications to Sport England and to the Huddersfield Common Good Trust and are awaiting a response.
• We are also still awaiting a response regarding our rateable value request, to enable us to apply for a £25,000 grant.
• All our pitches have been seeded by the contractor.
Following our appeal to members, we have raised a fantastic £20,582 which will help enormously with the running of the club. We must keep this going as every little helps.
A special thanks must go to Gaz Lewis for kicking off a 20 day Burpee Challenge which has raised over £3,500. This is a great response from the players, coaches and some very game supporters. When the chips are down our culture and togetherness brings it’s own rewards.
Well done guys and a big thank you to everyone who has donated.
As is usual at this time of year, there have been discussions regarding our playing squad for next season. Due to the financial implications of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Management Committee has decided that we will not be in a position to pay our players next season.
This has been discussed with our players, who in general, have been extremely supportive and I’m sure you’ll be seeing many familiar faces when we finally get back on the pitch. You can keep up to date with the comings and goings on our Website and through our Social Media.
Please keep the donations coming in and lets get through this together.
Mark H Birch
Chairman, Huddersfield RUFC