At the recent Annual General Meeting of the Huddersfield Borough Club, Michael Hull was re-elected as Secretary/Treasurer for the 25th successive year. Michael has been a member of the Huddersfield Borough Club and its predecessors for over 50 years since arriving in Huddersfield in 1968.
The Club formed by the amalgamation of the Huddersfield Club, founded in 1869 and the Huddersfield Borough Club, which opened in 1878, occupied at that time premises in Ramsden Street opposite to the Town Hall and had some 300 members. He was a Committee member and later President during the rapid decline of industry in business in Huddersfield and oversaw the Club moves, firstly to Church Street, then to Greenhead Masonic and Finally to Lockwood Park. Now 90 years of age he still plays snooker, has a Club handicap of scratch and represents the Club in the Huddersfield Snooker Veterans’ League.