Huddersfield Hockey Club was formed in 1900 with a game against Halifax in Greenhead Park. The fixture list expanded and for two seasons in 1903 and 1904 the Club played on the ground of Lockwood Cricket Club. In 1905 they moved to Armitage Bridge Cricket Club, and in 1935 to Honley Cricket Club. From the 1950s to the 1980s, the Club grew from three to seven sides as league structures took off locally and nationally.
Following a promotion for the First XV to North Division 2, and a merger with Lockwood Park’s Dragons Ladies’ Hockey Club, the newly combined Huddersfield Dragons Hockey Club is expanding and strengthening the existing league, cup, junior, veterans and indoor game structures from the Lockwood Park complex.
We have our own website where details about the club, training, who to contact, how to become a member details and more can be found.
We are abiding by the England Hockey protocols. These protocols relate to training and playing are subject to change so please see the latest version here here A COVID-19 policy applies to anyone visiting and using the changing, bar and offices at Lockwood Park. Please familiarise yourself with that policy [Link to COVID-19 Policy page] and observe its provisions.