My name is Katie Dewhurst, and I’m the Safeguarding Officer for HRUFC’s Age Grade section.
It’s my job to ensure that all coaching staff, assistants, first aiders and referees – in fact anyone in regular contact with your children – understands and abides by the RFU Policy. A key part of this is ensuring that all our staff have been CRB checked, and have read and understood the details of the policy that the Club abides by.
If you would like to know more about the policy, to get a copy of the document, or if you have any concerns about the welfare of your child you can contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Child protection is a key part of the RFU’s rugby ‘continuum’ – its code of conduct. HRUFC is fully committed to this policy, and the key principles are set out below:
- Anyone under the age of 18 should be considered as a young person
- The welfare of all young people is paramount
- All young people, whatever their age, gender, culture, ability, language, religious beliefs, racial origin, and/or sexual identity should be able to enjoy the game in a fun environment, safe from abuse of any kind.
- It is the responsibility of child protection experts to determine whether abuse has taken place, but it is everyone’s responsibility within rugby union to report concerns.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- Constituent bodies, clubs, academies and schools will be provided with appropriate documentation, training and support to ensure that they are able to implement RFU/RFUW policy.
- Individuals working with young people will be made aware of good practice in order to ensure that they are not placed in situations where allegations could be made
- Working in partnership with parents/carers is essential for the protection of young people
- RFU/RFUW recognises the statutory responsibilities of social services departments and the police to ensure the welfare of young people and is committed to complying with the Local Area Child Protection Committee.
Please click here to view the HRUFC Safeguarding Policy.